Preventive Dentistry – Your Key to a Healthy Smile
What is preventive dentistry?
Preventative dentistry is an effective way to take care of your teeth and gums and keep them strong and healthy. Starting from regular brushing and flossing to mouth cleanings, these will prevent the attack of gum disease, dental cavities, enamel wear and many more. So the better you may deal with oral problems, the more chances you will have of maintaining your teeth for life.
What does preventive dentistry include?
Preventative dentistry includes the following tasks:
- Proper brushing and flossing
- Healthy diet food
- Use of Fluoride
- Routine oral checkups
- Educating the patients
- Injury protection
This kind of dentistry prevents people from developing oral issues in future. With proper dental care and treatment, you can stay away from:
- Tooth cavities
- Bleeding gums
- Enamel wear and tear
Benefits of preventive dentistry
By maintaining good oral health and hygiene, you can lessen the risks of cavities, periodontitis, gingivitis and other oral issues. This can also help in overcoming poor dental health. Certain health problems that are related to bad oral hygiene include:
- Heart disease
- Respiratory disease
Besides, premature birth and delivering an underweight baby may also be related to poor dental health. It is advised to adapt good oral care habits throughout your pregnancy. This includes seeing your dental practitioner for regular checkups to maintain a healthy mouth.
Importance of preventive dentistry
- Saves you expensive dental surgeries – Dental problems, whether big or small, should not be left untreated otherwise, they may become costly and painful. For example, a cavity or crack in your tooth can become severe due to delay. These oral issues are indeed costly and as such, dealing with them at the initial stage will help you save money.
- Improves your dental health – Your teeth condition is related to your overall health. Due to this, poor oral health can cause several problems such as heart disease, less resistance and many more. Thus, keep your mouth clean in order to stay healthy.
- Maintains healthy and attractive smile – Improper oral care can cause serious gum infections that ultimately leads to tooth loss. This, in turn, affects your smile and overall appearance. By taking care of your mouth, you will surely be able to have a healthy and beautiful smile for life.
- Fewer visits to a dentist – With proper dental care, you will need to see your dentist every six months. Though teeth and gum problems may require you to go for several checkups, good oral hygiene will ensure that dental cleanings and treatments are less frequent.
Visiting a dentist in Croydon as an important part of your dental routine will keep your teeth and mouth strong and healthy. This can also prevent any complications of tooth extractions or painful procedures. Apart from brushing twice and flossing daily, a complete oral care means seeing your dental practitioner twice in a year for cleaning your mouth.