If you require a more extensive restoration than a crown or have more than one tooth that needs to be repaired, a good solution is a dental bridge. Bridges are usually made of a precious metal base which gives them a solid structure and makes them hard-wearing. If you need a dental bridge in your smile line, porcelain is usually added to the base to make it look more like real teeth. A bridge helps to strengthen the prepared teeth and makes chewing and eating easier because they are fixed and can’t come out.
Some dental bridges can also be fixed to your jaw with dental implants, if you have several teeth next to each other that are missing.
Once you have a bridge fitted, you will have to take extra care of your daily hygiene regime to ensure it stays plaque free and that you can prevent bad breath.
Free information pack
Download your free information pack on replacing missing teeth
- The costs and lowest price alternatives
- Your options and choices for treatment
- Are you suitable for treatment?
- Can dental implants be used as an alternative to root canal treatment?
- What happens if you smoke?
- How many implants might you need?